My Photo
Name:
Location: Livonia, Michigan, United States

I first became involved with real estate in 1981 when my wife gave me a choice of ballroom dance or real estate classes. I chose real estate, and began buying properties as rental investments. Over the years in working with real estate, I have purchased in excess of 3,500 single-family homes and pick up the name Mr. Lease Option. My web is www.mrleaseoption.com I teach over 40 real estate investment seminars a year, and running investment club www.megaeventingevent.com keeps me on the go.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Michigan Ski Resort to be Auctioned

First Tracks!! On line Ski Magazine

Republish for this blog by Mark Maupin

Gaylord, MI (Tuesday, August 1, 2006) - Keith Gornich, the second-generation owner of the Otsego Club Hotel & Resort, today announces his plans to retire by the end of 2006 and sell the Michigan ski, snowboard and golf resort, which was founded in 1939.

"For 51 years, the Otsego Club has been a 'labor of love' for my family but I have reached this highly personal decision," said Gornick.

The Otsego Club Hotel & Resort and its many attached housing development parcels will be sold via auction on October 25th at the Westin Detroit Metro Airport in Romulus, Michigan. Inland Real Estate Auctions, Inc. will handle the transaction. "This is the most fair and timely method of sale for our members, staff, community, interested land developers and potential resort operators," said Gornick.

Following the sale, Gornick will continue to focus on his numerous other business interests, while enjoying more time with his wife and young daughter. The Gornick family will remain in Gaylord, active in the Northern Michigan community. "We will also spend three to four months per year in my wife's native Germany, to expose our daughter to both American and German culture, something that would not have been possible for us in the 'hands on' role of owning a major resort," said Gornick.

Gornick emphasized that his decision to retire is not a reflection on the ski resort's staff of nearly 200. "I will never forget how this team worked together to remarkably improve our financial performance since the tragic days of September 11, 2001 and I will miss working with them, in my opinion the finest staff in 51 years of Gornick family ownership."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home