My Photo
Name:
Location: Livonia, Michigan, United States

I first became involved with real estate in 1981 when my wife gave me a choice of ballroom dance or real estate classes. I chose real estate, and began buying properties as rental investments. Over the years in working with real estate, I have purchased in excess of 3,500 single-family homes and pick up the name Mr. Lease Option. My web is www.mrleaseoption.com I teach over 40 real estate investment seminars a year, and running investment club www.megaeventingevent.com keeps me on the go.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

This article was written by Ron Heims of SuccessInsiders.com, reposted by Mark Maupin


Go Fly A Kite! -- Learn a Life Lesson


Here in the midwest United States it is now spring and yesterday was the first really nice spring day. It was 65 degrees and a beautiful blue sky. So I promised my daughters that we would go fly kites. About 2 in the afternoon we headed out with our brand new kites that my wife had purchased that morning and went to a local park.

We had a lot of fun flying the kites and at one point I was helping my daughter let out all the string on her kite so we could fly it as high as possible. She asked what would happen when we got to the end of the string, concerned that the string would not be tied to the handle and the kite would fly away.

I realized at that point that there was a great lesson of success I could teach my daughters at that very moment. So I explained to them what kept the kite flying high.

The only thing that keeps the kite in the air is the string. The string provides tension on the kite which makes the kite fly higher in the wind.

I then explained to them how life is the same way. We have tension, conflict, and struggles in life, but that is what gives us the opportunity to soar higher. Most people just complain about their problems and want them to all go away, but that is like the string in the kite. Without the tension what happens??

Well since my daughter was so concerned about the kite flying away I had to demonstrate to her what would happen if I just let go of the string. So the kite was flying high and the pull on the string was very strong. I explained to her that we were going to let go of the string to see what would happen. I don't think she believed what would happen.

As soon as I let go of the string the kite started to fall. Because there was no tension on the kite it now just floated with the wind and started falling. It fell to the ground within 100 yards of where we were. My daughter thought it would fly higher and be lost if we let go but quite the opposite was true.

Flying a kite is just like life. Many people think their life would be so much better if they didn't have any struggles, but quite the opposite is true. Without the struggles and the challenges in life we have nothing to overcome, nothing that allows us to become stronger and to soar higher.

So stop right now and think about your struggles. Take a look at them and STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM. Figure out how you can use these struggles to SOAR HIGHER. Use the tension of them to fly higher and overcome and achieve bigger and better things.

So that is why I say Go Fly A Kite. There is a great lesson of life in doing so!
Soar high in life by overcoming your struggles!

Ron Heims

I hope you enjoyed reading this article as much as I did. We all need to take time out of our busy schedules for some enjoyment and good reading. Go to http://www.successinsiders.com/ for more inspiring articles and to see other great things they have to offer. You’ll be impressed!

Mark Maupin and Sue Downey

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home